Original article by : AFK Gaming
- Swedish CS:GO legend Olofmeister recently dropped a hint about his possible retirement from Counter-Strike.
- FaZe Clan’s IGL coldzera had earlier spoken about Olofmeister not wanting to play Counter-Strike competitively anymore.
- All speculations and reports point towards karrigan replacing Olofmeister on FaZe while also taking over as the team’s IGL.
CS:GO legend Olof “olofmeister” Gustafsson who has been competing professionally since 2010 might soon be hanging up his boots from competitive Counter-Strike. Olofmeister was signed by FaZe Clan in Aug 2018 and is currently playing for the side as a stand-in. He had taken a break in May last year but was forced to come back as Nikola “NiKo” Kovac joined G2 Esports. Olofmeister had made it clear upon his return that he was not back to stay permanently and soon after speculations started popping up about his eventual retirement. Recent comments by FaZe Clan’s IGL Marcelo “coldzera” David have turned these speculations into reality and now Olofmeister has also teased the same.
Olofmeister hinting towards his retirement from CS:GO?
Soon after mousesports announced the arrival of their new in-game leader Christopher “dexter” Nong yesterday on 10 Feb, Olofmeister posted a video on Twitter which hints towards his looming retirement from Counter-Strike.
Many users were spotted wishing the Swedish legend a farewell as he is set to leave CS:GO in March or April. According to coldzera, that is when FaZe Clan is planning on announcing it’s fifth permanent member who will be replacing Olofmeister on the active lineup, while also taking on the role of an IGL.
At the moment all reports and speculations point towards Finn “karrigan” Andersen being the most likely candidate to be signed by FaZe Clan. Here are a list of things that suggest he will be the one joining FaZe Clan,
- Coldzera right after NiKo’s departure had suggested FaZe Clan to sign karrigan as he possesses all the necessary qualities to lead their lineup.
- FaZe Clan is waiting for karrigan’s contract with mousesports to come to an end in March/April after which they will pick him up as a free agent.
- Mousesports had publicly come forward to reveal that karrigan was confused about resigning his contract with them. The fact that mouz has now signed dexter as their new IGL is a clear indication that karrigan is on his way out soon.
- In a statement to HLTV, FaZe Clan’s new star player Twistzz had specifically mentioned that playing under a good in-game leader was a priority for him. This description does not fit anyone on the current FaZe Clan CS:GO roster, but is definitely suits karrigan.
Im back…… for a little bit!— olofmeister (@olofmeister) October 28, 2020
Dindt expect this a few days ago but its going to be fun playing BLAST with the boys again, havent touched the game at all but will try to do my best! :O)
Olofmeister has been playing as a stand-in for FaZe Clan for almost four months now and his intent from the very start was not to hand around for too long. He had to be brought back out of his indefinite break because NiKo was signed by G2 Esports.
The two-time CS:GO Major champion has certainly left a huge mark on competitive Counter-Strike and the legacy he leaves behind will be remembered for a long time. The official announcement is to be expected in a few months time.